Carmike Cinema CEO to address Troy University graduates | People
S. David Passman III, president and CEO of Carmike Cinemas, will deliver the keynote address to Troy University graduates during a joint fall commencement ceremony for the Phenix City Campus and the Columbus/Ft. Benning site on Friday, Jan. 18.
The ceremony will be held at 7 p.m. at the Columbus Civic Center, with approximately 100 students set to receive graduate and undergraduate degrees.
Passman has served as the head of Carmike Cinemas since June 2009. He is also currently the chairman for the National Association of Theatre Owners.
Before coming to Carmike, Passman served as President and CEO of IBS-STL, Inc., a book publishing and distribution company, from June 2005 until January 2009. He also served as President of the Harland Printed Products and Harland Checks divisions of John H. Harland Company, a provider of printed products and software and related services to the financial institution market, from 1999 to 2003, and also served as its CFO from 1996 to 1999.
Passman is a former partner of Deloitte & Touché LLP, a public accounting firm, where he served as the Managing Partner of the Atlanta office from 1993 to 1996.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Santa Claus expected to "drop in" at Fort Benning's annual 250-foot airborne tower lighting ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning