Russell Co. funeral home broken into | News
RUSSELL COUNTY, AL (WTVM)- East Alabama authorities
are investigating after a Russell County Funeral home was broken into Monday
Phenix City police
responded to the Sumbry Mortuary, where Arthur Sumbry Sr. told them his front
door had been kicked in.
According to police, a flat
screen television display was taken. Sumbry says the display was a way for
visitors to view the casket from different room when the building became too
Police suspect the burglar
may have attended a funeral there in the last few weeks.
Copyright 2013 WTVM.
All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Update: Charges against Muscogee Co. Deputy Marshal have been dismissed
- Gus Malzahn speaks at luncheon honoring high school football players, coaches
- 3rd annual Driver’s Education Scholarships presented to high school students
- Final “Let’s Talk!...with the Mayor” forum is tonight
- Domestic violence increases during holiday season