Bodies of man, woman found in car near Hurtsboro | News
RUSSELL COUNTY, AL (WTVM)- Russell County authorities are investigating a double homicide in east Alabama near Hatchechubbee and Hurtsboro.
Police say around 11:30 p.m. Monday night they received a call that a car was on the side of Shady Grove Road with its doors opened.
When police arrived they found the bodies of two people inside the car. The coroner identified the victims as 35-year-old Reginald Berry of Pittsview and 26-year-old Michelle Buchannon of Opelika. The two had been shot to death.
Sheriff Heath Taylor held a press conference about the double homicide Tuesday morning.
Shady Grove is about 30 miles southwest of Columbus, GA.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbus Cottonmouths deliver gifts to Midtown Medical Center
- Columbus Council moves forward with Riverwalk redevelopment, zip line on the way
- Friends, family remember Kenneth Walker 10 years after his death
- Final “Let’s Talk!...with the Mayor” forum is Dec. 12
- PAWS Humane offers specials, discounts for holiday season