Phenix City couple celebrates 70th marriage anniversary | News
PHENIX CITY, AL (WTVM)- Wednesday was a very happy day for one Phenix City couple as they celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary.
Lonnie and Mattie Lou Stamey live in Phenix City and regularly open their home to their many children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
Their home is filled with the many memories they have shared together in the past seven decades.
They feel it's important to be able to stay together no matter what. The Stameys have 3 children, 8 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Military Matters: Congressman Kingston comments on Army furloughs
- 192nd Infantry Brigade celebrates historic Discontinuance Ceremony
- NBA Cares ambassador speaks to Ft. Benning soldiers about PTSD
- 14th Combat Support Hospital to return from deployment
- National Infantry Museum launches new NIM SIM experience