Mother, man charged with abuse after toddler beaten to near death | News
PHENIX CITY, AL (WTVM)- A couple has been arrested after a little boy was beaten to near death.
The Russell County Jail told News Leader 9 Brandon Crosby was arrested Sunday and charged with child abuse and domestic violence. His bond has been set at $50,000.
His mother Allisa McDade was arrested Monday and charged with child abuse. Her bond has been set at $100,000.
Family members told News Leader 9 Grayson is in the intensive care unit at Scottish Rite in Atlanta and is being treated for multiple injuries including multiple skull fractures, brain injuries and a stroke.
Family also said emergency surgery had to be performed to remove fluid build up and pressure on his brain.
Grayson will turn 2 years old on March 15.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning