Columbus man killed after dump truck engine crushes him | News
LEE COUNTY, AL (WTVM)- Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones tells News Leader 9 that 29-year-old Legary Antley Jr., of Columbus died after being crushed by a dump truck.
Sheriff Jones says the man was underneath the vehicle when the body of the dump truck fell on top of him. It's believed the hydraulics of the lift failed.
The incident happened just after 4 p.m. Monday off Summerville Road on Lee Road 315 in North Phenix City.
Neighbors who live near the scene of the accident were shaken by the deadly incident.
Antley suffered massive crushing chest injuries and was killed instantly. Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the accident.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Muscogee Co. Deputy Marshal charged with reckless conduct, violation of oath by a public officer
- Domestic violence increases during holiday season
- Have a blast this Saturday at the Coca-Cola Space Science Center!
- Columbus Cottonmouths deliver gifts to Midtown Medical Center
- Columbus Council moves forward with Riverwalk redevelopment, zip line on the way
- Trees for Troops donates more than 800 trees to military families
- Military Matters: Making sweet music with Fort Benning’s marching band
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan