Beverage supplier plans to move U.S. headquarters to Phenix City | News
PHENIX CITY, AL (WTVM)- An international manufacturer and supplier of chemical food and beverage ingredients is moving its U.S. headquarters to Phenix City, AL.
Fuerst Day Lawson plans to move operations in Columbus, GA and New Jersey to a 150,000 square foot facility on Brickyard Road in Phenix City, AL.
FDL hopes to create 10 jobs in the first year and 20 by the end of its second year in east Alabama.
"We're very excited about the international investment in Phenix City. The potential for their manufacturing growth to expand fairly quickly is a plus for the Phenix City community" stated Economic Development Manager, Shaun Culligan.
Cott Beverages in Columbus is a primary client of FDL. The company is one of the reasons why FDL made the decision to expand its presence in Phenix City.
Fuerst Day Lawson is headquartered in London and has operations in England, India and China.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Update: Charges against Muscogee Co. Deputy Marshal have been reinstated
- Gus Malzahn speaks at luncheon honoring high school football players, coaches
- 3rd annual Driver’s Education Scholarships presented to high school students
- Final “Let’s Talk!...with the Mayor” forum is tonight
- Domestic violence increases during holiday season