Phenix City teen struck by car dies 3 days later | News
PHENIX CITY, AL (WTVM)- News Leader 9 has learned that the teenage boy who was struck by a vehicle earlier this week has died.
Malik Thompson, 16, was riding a skateboard on Sandfort Road at Southside Park when he was struck by a vehicle travelling northbound into Phenix City. The accident occurred at approximately 5:50 p.m. on December 4.
Thompson passed away Friday Dec. 7 at the Medical Center from injuries sustained from the accident.
The Phenix City Police Department is continuing its investigation into the accident, and the results of the investigation will be presented to an upcoming Russell County Grand Jury.
His funeral is scheduled to be held Thursday at 1:00 p.m. at Gaines Chapel Church located at 911 Dillingham Street in Phenix City.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Military Matters: Congressman Kingston comments on Army furloughs
- 192nd Infantry Brigade celebrates historic Discontinuance Ceremony
- NBA Cares ambassador speaks to Ft. Benning soldiers about PTSD
- 14th Combat Support Hospital to return from deployment
- National Infantry Museum launches new NIM SIM experience