City manager, Wallace Hunter, takes over parks and rec | News
PHENIX CITY, AL (WTVM)- There is a new man in charge of the Phenix City Parks and Recreation Department. It's city manager Wallace Hunter.
He stepped in after firing four parks & recreation employees. The group is accused of borrowing city equipment for personal use.
On November 26, Phenix City Manager Wallace Hunter received complaints of city employees using city-owned equipment on private property and on city time.
Police investigated and found evidence that supported that claim. In fact, city officials say evidence revealed the employees had been using city-owned equipment, materials and supplies for personal gain for some time.
The city has not released the names of the terminated employees, as this is a personal matter that still requires due process.
The investigation has also resulted in the arrest of Jimmy Jackson of Phenix City for theft of property in the second degree.
As this investigation continues, it is possible that there will be additional criminal and administrative charges made against current and former City of Phenix City employees.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Domestic violence increases during holiday season
- Have a blast this Saturday at the Coca-Cola Space Science Center!
- Columbus Cottonmouths deliver gifts to Midtown Medical Center
- Columbus Council moves forward with Riverwalk redevelopment, zip line on the way
- Friends, family remember Kenneth Walker 10 years after his death
- Military Matters: Making sweet music with Fort Benning’s marching band
- Trees for Troops to give away 800 Christmas trees on Ft. Benning
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan