AL schools to replace President’s Challenge fitness test | News
(WTVM)- The way your child is assessed in school is now changing.
Every Alabama student enrolled in physical education classes in second through twelfth grade will participate in the new Alabama physical fitness assessment.
We're told it's replacing the President's Challenge fitness test, which was adopted nearly 30 years ago.
The new assessment focuses on health-related fitness and measures aerobic cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and endurance and flexibility.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning