Students host celebrations for veterans | News
(WTVM)- Veterans Day falls on Sunday this year, but in an effort to celebrate, Mount Olive Primary School in Fort Mitchell held its very own veterans celebration Friday morning.
The Russell County High School ROTC performed a remembrance ceremony in the gym, and afterwards all the students released balloons in the sky to honor veterans.
Students at Richards Middle School in Columbus also showed their appreciation to veterans.
Wounded warriors stopped by the school Friday morning to sit with students and recited the pledge of allegiance with them. They also took pictures with students.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning