Unwanted pets continue to be abandoned at Phenix City Shelter | News
PHENIX CITY, AL (WTVM)- A Phenix City man says he's frustrated once again due to people dropping off unwanted pets at the animal shelter after hours.
We first brought you this story a couple of weeks ago, Michael Nichols told News Leader 9 the incidents stopped for about a week but now they've started again. He says people are abandoning animals at the Russell County-Phenix City Animal Shelter with no concern for the neighbors.
Last Friday, Nichols said a black Labrador was tossed out at the shelter and when he tried to take her to the shelter, they refused to accept the dog.
"Her ribs were all showing; you can see her backbone. She's got a wound underneath her belly," said Nichols. "Cars are coming down here again on the weekends. We're running outside letting them know no, you're not going to drop anymore animals off around here."
Nichols said before they take the dog to the shelter, they are offering her up for adoption. If you are interested in adopting the dog, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning