Benefit the American Cancer Society and chop off your hair | Events
PHENIX CITY, AL - Lakewood Elementary will be holding its 6th annual hair cutting event!
Students, teachers, and other willing participants will be donating 8 to 10 inches of their hair to organizations that provide wigs for children and adults who have lost their hair to cancer or other diseases.
Local hairdressers are volunteering their time to help cut and style the hair.
Students are asked to donate $1 to see their peers chop their hair off.
All proceeds go to benefit the American Cancer Society through Relay for Life.
The hair cutting event will be held Monday, Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:45 at Lakewood Elementary in Phenix City, AL.
Anyone wanting to donate their hair or hair cutting skills should contact Courtney Cooper at Lakewood Elementary, 334-732-1173 or 706-681-3803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Military Matters: Congressman Kingston comments on Army furloughs
- 192nd Infantry Brigade celebrates historic Discontinuance Ceremony
- NBA Cares ambassador speaks to Ft. Benning soldiers about PTSD
- 14th Combat Support Hospital to return from deployment
- National Infantry Museum launches new NIM SIM experience