Benefit the American Cancer Society and chop off your hair | Events
PHENIX CITY, AL - Lakewood Elementary will be holding its 6th annual hair cutting event!
Students, teachers, and other willing participants will be donating 8 to 10 inches of their hair to organizations that provide wigs for children and adults who have lost their hair to cancer or other diseases.
Local hairdressers are volunteering their time to help cut and style the hair.
Students are asked to donate $1 to see their peers chop their hair off.
All proceeds go to benefit the American Cancer Society through Relay for Life.
The hair cutting event will be held Monday, Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:45 at Lakewood Elementary in Phenix City, AL.
Anyone wanting to donate their hair or hair cutting skills should contact Courtney Cooper at Lakewood Elementary, 334-732-1173 or 706-681-3803 or email@example.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbus Cottonmouths deliver gifts to Midtown Medical Center
- Columbus Council moves forward with Riverwalk redevelopment, zip line on the way
- Friends, family remember Kenneth Walker 10 years after his death
- Final “Let’s Talk!...with the Mayor” forum is Dec. 12
- PAWS Humane offers specials, discounts for holiday season