Burglars crash SUV into Phenix City pawn shop | Crime
PHENIX CITY, AL - Four men crashed their SUV into a Phenix City business and burglarized it over the weekend, leading to a short chase with police.
Phenix City Police responded to a report that a vehicle had crashed into Pawn Headquarters on the 280 Bypass on Jan. 12 around 5 a.m.
Officers arrived and found a white SUV speeding down the road. Officers tried to stop the vehicle but they wouldn't slow down.
They chased the SUV for a few blocks when it stopped at the Fred Douglas apartment complex. There were four suspects in the car. Two were caught and two escaped.
Officers still at the pawn shop reported that a burglary had occurred.
The two subjects that were apprehended were Nathan Twan Maquez Jones, 20 years-old, and Jatavious Martez Taylor, 18 years-old. Both suspects were charged with two counts of burglary, theft of property, attempting to elude and criminal trespassing.
The two suspects that escaped have been identified and charges are pending.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Santa Claus expected to "drop in" at Fort Benning's annual 250-foot airborne tower lighting ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning