National campaign to end poverty coming to Columbus | Community Spirit
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Circles in Columbus, part of the the National Circles Campaign, will meet June 18 as part of a national movement to end poverty.
The National Circles Campaign is a high-impact strategy to end poverty one family at a time.
Their goal is to form relationships across economic class lines within the business community, faith community, social service community, local government, health care community and education community.
The Circles in Columbus meeting will be held June 18 at 3:30 p.m. in the Open Door Community House.
Columbus will be the second site in Georgia to be a part of this national movement.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Living historty event featuring Kelly's Zeroes to take place at the National Infantry Museum
- Fort Benning to observe Memorial Day with wreath laying ceremony
- Rangers to receive awards for role in Afghanistan
- Ft. Benning’s Col. Johnson relinquishes command
- Combat wounded World War II veteran honored at Fort Benning