National campaign to end poverty coming to Columbus | Community Spirit
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Circles in Columbus, part of the the National Circles Campaign, will meet June 18 as part of a national movement to end poverty.
The National Circles Campaign is a high-impact strategy to end poverty one family at a time.
Their goal is to form relationships across economic class lines within the business community, faith community, social service community, local government, health care community and education community.
The Circles in Columbus meeting will be held June 18 at 3:30 p.m. in the Open Door Community House.
Columbus will be the second site in Georgia to be a part of this national movement.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning